Yes. But remember you will not see the helpful tips and alerts unless you open your Life Steps app.
Select your device and operating system to view instructions on disabling notifications.
- Go to Settings > Notifications.
- Tap an app below Notification Style, then turn Allow Notifications on or off.
- Tap Notification Grouping, then choose how you want the notifications grouped:
If you turn on Allow Notifications, choose how and where you want the notifications to appear for the app—for example, on the Lock Screen or in Notification Center.
You can also set a notification banner style, sound, and badges for many apps.
- By App: All the notifications from the app are grouped together.
- Automatic: The notifications from the app are grouped according to organizing criteria within the app, such as by topic or thread.
- Off: Turn off grouping.
- Open Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Scroll till you find Life Steps
- Toggle Allow Notifications off to turn off all notifications for an individual app.
- Under Alerts, you can toggle what kind of alerts the app can send you:
- None: Notifications don't appear on-screen at all.
- Banners: Notifications appear at top of the screen and disappear after a few seconds.
- Alerts: Notifications appear in the center of the the screen and must be manually dismissed.
Toggle Sounds off if you do not want to receive audible notifications from an app.
If toggled on, Badges allows a small red dot — or "badge" — to be applied to an app's icon on your home screen. For some apps, such as mail or messages, the badge may also display a number, alerting you to the number of notifications that specific app has pushed.
Option 1: In your Settings app
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications Notifications.
- Under "Recently sent," tap See all.
- Scroll till your find the Life Steps app and tap it.
- You can turn off all notifications for the app here.
- To pick specific categories of notifications, tap the app's name.
Tip: If you don't see "Recently sent," you're using an older Android version and will need to find steps for that version.
The steps for Android 9 are listed below in this article.
Option 2: On a notification
- To find your notifications, from the top of your phone screen, swipe down.
- Touch and hold the notification, and then toggle the switch that says, "Show Notifications".
- Upon receiving a notification from Life Steps, pull down the notification shade to view it.
- Swipe just part of the way from right to left to reveal two icons.
- The gear icon gives you the option to block notifications from that app or game.
- Toggle the switches to turn off the Notifications according to your preference.
- You might see a simple toggle to turn notifications off for that app, with the option to tap More settings to jump to the app’s notifications page.
- Or you might get the option to tap All categories to see exactly what notifications that app or service sends and toggle them off individually.
- The clock icon allows you to snooze the notification and choose a time period to snooze it for.
Still need help? Contact Support by following these steps.